Tuesday, February 28, 2012

War Horse- Movie Review


Brief Synopsis-
A boy named Albert is given a horse by his father that he is expected to train. He names the horse Joey and teaches him how to plow and follow commands. But his father is desperate for money, and sells Joey to a young cavalry officer for World War I. The rest of the film takes you through Joey's life and carries you along as he experiences new things and meets new people.

My review-
I saw this movie during the Oscar Best Picture Showcase and was highly impressed.  I don't usually care for horse movies or war movies but this one was really great.  The music is beautiful and the cinematography is stunning.  It is very emotional though, but not in the typical horse movie way.  I won't give away spoilers, but the ending is very satisfying.  I have recommended this movie to everyone I know and I suggest that you see it if you are looking for a movie to watch.

Rating: 8 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment