Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Midnight in Paris- Movie Review


Brief Synopsis-
Gil Pender is a nostalgic author visiting Paris with his controlling fiancee and unimpressable in-laws to be.  Needing some time alone, Gil walks around the empty, late-night streets of Paris and right at midnight, he is invited into a mysterious vintage car.  He is taken to a party and meets famous authors and artists from the twenties like the Fitzgeralds, Ernest Hemingway and Pablo Picasso.  Every night on his trip from then on, he visits the twenties and meets a stunning woman who has her own opinions on life and how to live it.



My Review-
Out of all the nine movies that I saw at the Oscar Best Picture Showcase, this was my favorite.  It is so perfect even though the story is so simple.  I, like many others, am nostalgic for another time and would love to have an experience like Gil does in this movie.  I must warn you though, if you don't know who F. Scott Fitzgerald or Ernest Hemingway are, you probably won't enjoy this movie as much as I did.  I went to see this with a friend and she couldn't stand it because she thought that they used to many big words and she only barely knew who Picasso was.  But, if you like literature and comedy, you should check this movie out.

My Rating- 10 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment